We miss you all, and can’t wait to see you again! When this pandemic began, we sheltered in place, not only for ourselves, but to protect the most vulnerable among us. Currently, we are slowly but surely working toward reopening. We are also strongly aware that there are still hot spots of increasing infection, which tells us that we must be patient, and diligent, with an abundance of caution. We are grateful for your continued sacrifice, and for being the shelter of one another at this perilous time.
Our Mass schedule evolves as the pandemic situation changes.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The bishops of the Province of Baltimore and the Archdiocese of Washington announced June 2 that they would be lifting the dispensation of the Sunday and holy day Mass obligation that was granted at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020. The lifting of general dispensation and removing restrictions will both go into effect on June 26 and 27. Read more here
Indoor Mass Information
Update (3 June 2021): Room 1 and Room 4 have all of their chairs returned. Until the end of June, we will be ensuring a two-seat (3 feet) social distance between households by only using every other row.
- Print your e-mail reservation or save it to your phone if possible and bring it to church with you.
- Wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- Arrive early to help facilitate finding your seats.
Outdoor Mass Information
Outdoor Masses take place in the parking lot of the Wilde Lake Interfaith Center. You are asked to register for the outdoor Mass to assist with planning, as well as to ensure our ability to assist with contact tracing, if necessary. Due to mandated restrictions, space will be limited.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail when complete. If possible, please print this to turn in when you arrive. If printing is not possible, please write the information down on paper to turn in when you arrive.
Remember to bring along printed registration information, wear a face mask, bring a chair, and travel with a gracious spirit as we return to our public celebrations of Eucharist together.
Mass Guidance and Expectations
- If you are sick or someone in your family is sick, please do not come to Mass. If you are high risk or live with someone who is high risk, please consider not coming to Mass. The Archbishop has dispensed all from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Masses are streamed online. We miss you, but please stay safe.
- Ushers will help direct you for parking, seating, and receiving Communion.
- Seating positions are marked in the parking lot and plaza. Please bring your own chair to sit on.
- Everyone must wear a mask, which covers the nose and mouth, throughout the entire Mass, except when receiving communion.
- Please keep the social distancing requirement of 6 feet away from the closest person; however members of the same household may sit together.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass, on the hand; please keep 6 feet away from the person in front of you. You can adjust your face mask to receive communion.
- Wave respectfully to others during the Sign of Peace, rather than shaking hands or hugging.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- No bathrooms will be available.
- Read Fr. Gerry’s Easter Letter 2021
- Read Father Gerry’s November 2020 letter – English or Spanish
- Pastor’s Letter – May 29, 2020 (“So…WHEN can we come back to church?”)
Emergency needs: The St. John’s Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) is available to help parish families with emergency needs. Call their number and you will get a quick response: 410-964-1440
Safe Reopening: Please contact Fr. Ferdinand if you can volunteer to help ensure the health and safety of our community when we return to Masses.
Previous Covid-19 video messages
June 28, 2020 first outdoor Masses
Outdoor Mass info - English
Outdoor Mass info - Spanish
April 23, 2020 photos at WL
April 21, 2020
April 3, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 20, 2020
March 13, 2020
June 28, 2020 first outdoor MassesVideo and photos from the first two outdoor Masses
Outdoor Mass info - EnglishSJERC Parking Lot Mass Reopening
Outdoor Mass info - SpanishSJERC Parking Lot Mass Reopening
April 23, 2020 photos at WLPhotos at WL
April 21, 2020Padre Leandro
April 3, 2020Fr. Ferdinand
March 27, 2020Fr. Gerry
March 20, 2020Fr. Gerry
March 13, 2020Fr. Gerry, Fr. Ferdinand, Mary Bielefeld, Audrey Marsh