Scripture affirms that man and woman were created for one another. With the unique sacrament of matrimony, the couple gives to each other the complete gift of themselves.
Process for Marriage
To help you prepare to make and receive this gift, the parish has a several-step process:
- Contact St. John’s at least nine months prior to the wedding to begin marriage preparation and to plan for wedding rehearsal and ceremony. Please contact Jan Shaw at 410-964-1425 x324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a Marriage Preparation Program
- Meet with Priest or Deacon
- If the wedding is taking place at St. John’s, reserve room at Wilde Lake Interfaith Center or Oakland Mills Interfaith Center.
It is strongly recommended that reception plans and reservations not be confirmed until contact with Parish office has been made.
For more information regarding getting married in the Catholic church, please see: Archdiocese of Baltimore Marriage & Family Life
Marriage Preparation Program Choices
- Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekends – This weekend marriage preparation program is an approved option. Visit their website www.mdcee.org to view the schedule and register online.
- Archdiocesan Pre-Cana Conferences – These workshop-style group programs are open to any couple. Take a pre-marriage discussion inventory to facilitate communication and understanding. Priority is given to couples from the hosting parishes and programs fill up six to nine months in advance, so inquire promptly at the Archdiocese Marriage and Family Enrichment, 410-547-5420 or www.archbalt.org/pre-cana/
- Sponsor Couple – Please contact Jan Shaw for information at 410-964-1425 x324 or email@example.com
Please complete the Marriage Registration Form to receive more information or to connect with a sponsored couple.